Implants OverviewIf you’re not sure what a dental implant is or if it’s the right choice for you, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll help you understand the dental implant process, who is a good candidate, and why you might want to get dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?Dental implants are one way of replacing missing teeth. Dental implants use an implanted rod to anchor the replacement tooth, making them long-lasting and natural-looking. Dental implants are placed in the jaw using a simple surgical procedure and they can provide long-lasting security and a complete smile.
Who Are Dental Implants For?Dental implants act as the root of your tooth where you no longer have a root. They are great for people who:
- Have missing teeth.
- Have a fully-grown jawbone.
- Can’t wear dentures or don’t want to.
- Have enough bone to support the implant.
- Have healthy gums and other mouth tissues.
- Don’t have health conditions or lifestyle choices (like smoking) that will disrupt healing.
What Is the Dental Implants Process Like?Dental implants are placed in several stages:
- Implant Placement: First, your dentist will place the implants themselves. The implants are the metal rods that act as your tooth roots.
- Abutment Placement: Once your implants are fused to your jawbone, you’ll get an abutment, which is the piece that your replacement tooth will attach to.
- Restoration: Finally, we’ll place your replacement teeth. Dental crowns will be placed over your abutments, and you’ll have a beautifully restored smile.
- Recovery: After your implants are placed, you’ll take time to recover. During this period, the post fuses to your bone, creating a strong connection with your jaw.
Same-Day Tooth ReplacementAt Clocktower Family Dental, we offer a special same-day dental implant service! You won’t find many other dentists that perform the entire treatment let alone do it all in one day. We can make you a complete smile in a matter of hours!
Benefits of Dental ImplantsThere are many reasons to get dental implants. Missing teeth can cause your remaining teeth to move, difficulty chewing or talking, and many other problems. The benefits of dental implants include:
- Better ability to chew.
- Improved speech.
- Prevention of bite and jaw issues.
- Your remaining teeth will stay in place.
- Prevention of the “sunken” face look.
Top 5 Reasons To Get Dental ImplantsDental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth. They have many advantages over other methods of tooth replacement. Here are our top 5 reasons to get dental implants:
- Dental implants preserve your jaw bone and remaining teeth and protect your jaw joints.
- Dental implants are the closest thing to getting your natural teeth back.
- Dental implants are strong and long-lasting.
- Dental implants stay in place making them easy to clean.
- Dental implants help you speak and chew easier.