Missing teeth can make life miserable, especially if you’ve got several. If you’ve hesitated to get dentures because they seem fake, uncomfortable, or inconvenient, we have a solution for you!
Implant-supported, snap-in dentures are a fantastic alternative to traditional dentures. They look and feel natural, and they are still removable!
Do You Need Your Current Dentures To Fit Better?
If you are currently dealing with ill-fitting dentures, you can switch to snap-in dentures. We can switch up your denture game quickly resulting in life-changing benefits:
- Better Fit: Snap-in dentures are custom-made with advanced technology to fit your mouth perfectly.
- Longer-Lasting: With the stability that comes with dental implants, you’ll get to keep your new teeth for longer than traditional dentures.
- More Convenient: You won’t need to apply adhesive to keep your dentures in, and you won’t have to worry about them falling out while you eat or talk.
What Are Snap-In Dentures?
Snap-in dentures are true to their name: they’re dentures that replace an entire arch of teeth by “snapping” into place.
Dental implants placed within your jawbone hold the snap-in dentures in place. Typically, 2–4 implants are used in each jaw, but, depending on the need and your budget, you may have as many as 10 inserted. Once the implants are in your jaw, an implant-supported denture can be set in place.
These dentures are 100% removable and feature a sleek design similar to natural teeth. They’re an effective alternative to traditional dentures, which often feel uncomfortable and make it difficult to chew certain foods.
Snap-In Denture Benefits:
- Better Fit: Snap-in dentures fit better and are more comfortable when compared to conventional dentures. There is less friction on the gums as a result of wearing a snap-in denture.
- Natural Look: Snap-in dentures are more natural-looking than conventional dentures and can make patients more confident in their smiles.
- Secure Hold: Snap-in dentures are more stable than conventional dentures, which are made to be removable daily. They won’t come loose while speaking.
- Sturdy Bite: It improves chewing ability. People with snap-in dentures can eat harder and stickier foods.
- Stronger Jaw: It helps to preserve your jawbone, and further bone loss is prevented with snap-in dentures.
Snap-In Dentures | Lower Price Than the All-on-4® Treatment Concept
Another major benefit to snap-in dentures includes their price. They have a notoriously lower price tag than the All-on-4® treatment concept. If you have multiple teeth missing or are dealing with periodontal disease, snap-in dentures might be your perfect choice.
What Is the Snap-In Denture Process?
At Clocktower Family Dental, we offer same-day implants. This means you can get your implants inserted and your denture placed all in one appointment! The procedure with work as follows:
- Consultation: We’ll perform an exam and discuss your treatment plan.
- Implantation: Our implant dentist will insert a series of implants into your jaw.
- Denture Placement: We will place your dentures onto the implants.
- Recovery: You’ll take a few days to recover, eating soft foods and getting rest.
How to Care For Snap-In Dentures
Maintenance is the key to ensuring you get the most out of your investment over time, no matter what kind of dentures you end up choosing.
To keep your mouth healthy and your dentures functioning, you need to brush your gums, tongue, and the roof of your mouth every day with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse your dentures as well before brushing to remove any loose food and debris.
When you’re not wearing your snap-in dentures, they should be placed in water in a safe area until they are used again.
Fixed Dentures vs. Removable Snap-In Dentures
Removable snap-in dentures are very similar to fixed dentures:
- They both involve the use of dental implants to provide a supportive base.
- They both look and feel natural.
- They can both be placed in a single appointment.
- They both require a recovery period.
The main difference between the two is that snap-in dentures are removable. They combine the benefits of fixed-implant dentures with the flexibility of traditional dentures. This makes it easier to clean, more comfortable, and easier to replace if needed.
Ready to Learn More? Call Clocktower Family Dental Today!
Stop by our office for a consultation with one of our dentists. They can lay out all the tooth-replacement options for you and help you decide which one is right for you. Give our office a call to set an appointment today.